Mother's Day is a celebration that honors mothers and maternal bonds in society. It takes place on the second Sunday of May in the U.S and other countries, with Mothering Sunday, a similar celebration, occurring on the fourth Sunday of Lent in the U.K.
Seeing it as an outlet for a celebration of feminism, rather than motherhood, Ghost of the True Capitalist and Conservative Radio shows has held a consistent stance against the day, calling it 'pathetic'. Ghost believes that there shouldn't be a holiday to celebrate motherhood because 'It's your job! You're supposed to do it anyway!'
Anti-Mother's Day Broadcasts
Most notably, Ghost has held Anti-Mother's Day shows in the week following the date. He uses the occasion to go off on single mothers and, as usual, liberals. To date, there have been seven such broadcasts:
- Conservative Episode 43, Tuesday, May 13th, 2008
- Conservative Episode 108, Monday, May 11th, 2009
- Conservative Episode 174, Thursday, May 20th, 2010
- Capitalist Episode 81, Friday, May 6th, 2011
- Capitalist Episode 226, Tuesday, May 15th, 2012
- Capitalist Episode 260, Sunday, May 8th, 2016
- Capitalist Episode 566, Sunday, May 13th, 2018