I run Podpedia, a podcast encyclopedia and podcast wiki network on Miraheze. I am trying to build up the podcast wiki network at the moment by creating new wikis for podcasts on Podpedia. From what I can tell, True Capitalist Radio is not exactly a podcast, however it is similar enough to one that I believe that it could be on Podpedia as well. Being on Podpedia gives a wiki more exposure as the editors and readers of all of the other wikis on Podpedia may look at your wiki as well. Also, an extension that automatically creates articles for a podcast using an RSS feed when a new podcast episode is released is almost done, which will remove the need for editors to focus on creating new articles for episodes, and instead focus on creating other articles and improving existing articles. Please let me know if you are interested in adding the True Capitalist wiki to Podpedia. CoolieCoolster (talk) 17:01, 13 May 2018 (UTC)
R.I.P. old wiki
So this happened.
- Damn. Did they give a reason, or did they just up and close it? ~InsaneEnergy (talk)
- They didn't inform me nor Bernkastel about this (I haven't contacted Pylons yet, but I presume they didn't contact him either). Last time I recieved mail from Fandom was almost a month ago. I still regularly checked on the wiki to see that it didn't get vandalized, but I was away for this week and it got closed during that time. CapitalistContributor (talk) 01:03, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- Me neither, I didn't get anything from wikia. It's a good thing that we moved the wiki to Miraheze. RIP old TCR wiki 2011-2018. Killed by censorship due to the nature of Ghost's show. The sneaky bastards at wikia killed it off without notice. ~Pylons
- IMO, the most tragic losses from the old wiki are the revision histories and comments sections on each article, many of which date all the way back to 2011-2012 when the show first became popular. Let's not forget that for many years, when Ghost had no internet presence, Wikia was the only place you could really find out and learn more about the show. Actually somewhat of a tragic loss that it's gone now, but I'm happy we were able to preserve the text of the articles on a host without censorship. Le ebin maymayman (talk) 13:54, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Ah the comments section from the old TCR wiki. Yeah those are memorable and unfortunately I don't think can be recovered. From recent events such as the Foxo-Tubguy Civil War and the cold wars to historical events like Troll War III and Ibanezzo getting doxed. The commentary on those events showed the impacts the community felt and reacted to. They will be missed. ~Pylons